The Mary MacKillop Unit caters for full time students with a mild/moderate intellectual disability.
The aims of the Mary MacKillop Unit facility are to:
- include students in the educational and social setting of Mount Carmel College.
- provide students with a wide variety of experiences and peer relationships.
- assist students with an intellectual disability to use theoretical concepts learned in practical situations.
- teach social skills and confidence to enhance social interaction in the community.
- involve students in the local community.
- assist students in acquiring skills related to independent living.
Students in the Middle Years participate in a range of subjects within the MacKillop Unit and their Year level cohort. Students work towards individual goals established as a part of their Individual Education Plan.
Mary MacKillop Unit Students in the Senior Years begin completing SACE requirements in Year 10 through either SACE or SACE Modified.
Mary MacKillop Unit Information
Enrolment Application Form