The Mary MacKillop Centre caters for full time Year 7-12 students with a mild to moderate intellectual disability.
The aims of the Mary MacKillop Centre are to:
- include students in the educational and social setting of Mount Carmel College
- provide students with a wide variety of experiences and peer relationships
- assist students with an intellectual disability to use theoretical concepts learned in practical situations
- teach social skills and confidence to enhance social interaction in the community
- involve students in the local community
- assist students in acquiring skills related to independent living
Students work towards individual goals established as a part of their Personalised Plan for Learning.
Mary MacKillop Centre students in the Senior Years begin completing SACE requirements in Year 10 through either SACE or SACE Modified.